Scrambled eggs with truffle
- finely shaved black truffle
- 3 egg yolks
- unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp
- whipped cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
To get maximum flavour from the truffle, place it in the carton with your eggs overnight to allow its aroma to permeate.
- Rub the inside of a small heavy-based saucepan with butter to prevent the eggs from sticking.
- Whisk the egg yolks and milk in a bowl and pour them into the pan off the heat.
- Place over medium–high heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the egg starts to thicken.
- Continue cooking until the egg is just set but still creamy.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the cream.
- Season to taste. Serve garnished with shaved truffle.